Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Hearts Awakening

It has been awhile since I have read anything by Delia Parr, so I was looking forward to reading the book Hearts Awakening. I was not disappointed! A young woman becomes housekeeper for a man and his two young sons, and is presented with a marriage proposal after only a couple of days. Scandal surrounds this man, Jackson, and Ellie has no hope of another proposal. Her age and looks have determined her status, so Ellie accepts his proposal. Life is not easy for Ellie, but her faith in God's Word and His promises guide her steps and decisions. Her faithfulness is rewarded when Jackson surrenders his life to Christ, and offers Ellie his heart. This is a story full of laughter, tears, anger, and love. It will challenge and inspire the reader. I will be happy to recommend this book to others. Thank you to Bethany House Publishers for sending me a free copy of this book to preview. I thoroughly enjoyed it!

No comments:

Post a Comment