Saturday, December 16, 2017

Out of the Ordinary

Book description:  "Working as a paid companion may be quite commonplace, but Miss Gertrude Cadwalader's eccentric employer makes her job unpredictable, to say the least. She finds herself carrying out an array of highly unusual tasks, including wearing peculiar outfits and returning items the woman pilfered. But when the wealthy Mrs. Sinclair catches Gertrude sneaking around the Sinclair yacht with some of the missing items in her possession, she immediately jumps to the wrong conclusion.

Shipping magnate Harrison Sinclair is caught in the middle of a misunderstanding between his mother and Gertrude, but he can't help coming to his friend's defense. Even as he hopes their friendship might become something more, Harrison is unprepared for the outlandish escapades that seem to follow the lovely, anything-but-ordinary Gertrude at every turn."

My review: If you need a good laugh, this is the book for you! Just when you think circumstances can't get any more comical, you find that you are mistaken. Jen Turano has a way with words, and while this book is titled Out of the Ordinary, all her books seem to be anything but ordinary. Even the characters names show a great sense of humor. I loved Gertrude and the development of her character and Mrs. Sinclair and her eccentric ways, but Harrison Sinclair was actually my favorite. Many times I just had to shake my head as I chuckled.  Frankly to me it seemed the ending was a bit rushed. I think so much time was spent on the unusual events, that the story line stalled some and the ending had to be rushed. In spite of a rushed ending, I thoroughly enjoyed this book. I received a copy of this book from Bethany House Publishers. All my opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment